Richtree Grand Opening Contest (the “Contest”)
Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”)
1. CONTEST PERIOD: Starting on or about September 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM Eastern Standard Time and ending September 30, 2013 at 5:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (the “Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec). To enter, visit any individual engaged in the promotion of the Contest located outside of the Toronto Eaton Centre (the “TEC”) during the Contest Period. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Contest: (a) any person who, at any time on or after September 9, 2013, was or is a director, officer, employee or agent of Richtree Market Restaurants Inc., including all subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively the “Sponsor”); (b) individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for the promotion or engaged in the administration or execution of this Contest (collectively the “Contest Entities”); and (c) any person living in the same residence as any of the above.
3. HOW TO ENTER & PLAY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. In order to participate in the Contest, you will need to visit any entrance to the TEC and locate the individuals (each a “Richtree Representative”) representing the RICHTREE MARKET RESTAURANT which operates inside the TEC (the “Restaurant”). You can request a stamped promotional egg (the “Egg”) from a Richtree Representative, which such Egg will bear a promotional code that is associated with a particular prize. Bring the Egg to any individual employed by the RICHTREE MARKET RESTAURANT located inside the TEC, and such individual will award to you a prize which corresponds to your particular Egg.
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Multiple entries by the same person will result in disqualification.
By participating, each entrant agrees (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and any interpretation thereof by the Sponsor; (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor; (c) to permit the Sponsor to use his/her name, photo, personal information, etc. as described in these Official Rules, if applicable.
4. GRAND PRIZE DRAW: The Grand Prize will be awarded to every tenth (10th) entrant who submits an Egg to the Restaurant.
5. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Purchase is not required and does not enhance an entrant’s chance of winning.
6. PRIZES: The Grand Prize, and its approximate retail value, is comprised of one (1) gift card in the amount of $5.00 CAD, which is only redeemable at the Restaurant. Secondary prizes (each a “Secondary Prize”) available to entrants are in the form of various snacks and confectionery products, which approximate retail value is between $3.49 – $7.49 USD each.
The odds of winning the Grand Prize are 1 in 10. Every entrant who does not win a Grand Prize will be awarded a Secondary Prize. Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded, with no substitutions of any kind, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. Taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being provided are the winner’s responsibility. All prize details are at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
7. HOW TO CLAIM YOUR PRIZE: All Grand Prizes and Secondary Prizes will be awarded at the Restaurant at the time of submission of the Egg.
Sponsor and its Contest Entities shall not be held responsible for any delays in awarding any prize for any reason outside of their control. Any prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. No interest will be paid on any prize. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible, or declines to accept a prize, the prize will be forfeited.
By participating in the Contest, winners consent to the use of their names, addresses, voices, and statements relating to the Contest or Sponsor, and photographs or other likenesses, without further compensation, notification or permission in any publicity or advertising carried out by Sponsor or any related entities in any and all media now known or hereinafter developed without territorial or time limitation, except where prohibited by applicable law. By entering the Contest, you consent to the Sponsor’s use of your name, city of residence, photograph, voice, statement and image for any publicity purposes. Entrants may be required to, and if ever asked, agree to participate in media interview opportunities related to the Contest.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY:
8. By entering, entrants (i) acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and, (ii) agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, made in its sole discretion, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Contest. Entrants who have not complied with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification.
All Contest Entries obtained through unauthorized sources which are incomplete, illegible, mutilated, altered, reproduced, forgeries, irregular or fraudulent in any way or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are automatically void, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, stolen, misdirected, mutilated or garbled Eggs. All entries/submissions become the property of Sponsor and in no case shall be returned to the entrant.
10. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entitlement to a prize, if, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, it determines or suspects that the entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other fraudulent, deceptive or unfair playing practices.
11. By entering the Contest, entrants agree: (a) to release Sponsor and Contest Entities, and each of their officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all liability, loss or damage incurred with respect to participating in the Contest or the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize or any travel related thereto, (b) that under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding legal fees and court costs.
12. Sponsor and the Contest Entities do not warrant that access to the Contest will be uninterrupted. Sponsor and the Contest Entities are not responsible for any problems that may arise, including but not limited to (a) any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Contest, whether human, mechanical, clerical, electronic, or technical in nature; or (b) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information in connection with the Contest.
The Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest, at its sole discretion, in the event of any occurrence beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor that adversely affects the administration, security or other operation of the Contest.
13. Any attempt by an entrant or other individual, to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest, including but not limited to any fraudulent claims, is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages from any such individual, to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution. An entrant engaging in any of the foregoing activities may be disqualified and will forfeit any prize(s) won.
14. In the event of any conflict with any Contest details contained in these Official Rules and Contest details contained in promotion materials (including but not limited to point of sale, radio, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Contest as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
15. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to conflicts of law principles. All entrants irrevocably consent and attorn to the jurisdiction and venue of the Province of Ontario.
23. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. In particular, Sponsor’s employees are not authorized to waive, modify or amend any provision or provisions of these Official Rules in any manner whatsoever.