Our Doors Are Open
Today, Richtree Natural Market Restaurants (Richtree) opened the doors of their new flagship market restaurant concept in Toronto Eaton Centre (TEC). This state-of-the-art marketplace features a collection of 11 unique eateries, all serving up natural and organic food from local sources – a significant departure from the ordinary and often unhealthy options afforded in other quick service restaurants.
“Richtree Natural Market Restaurant is ‘Where Good Comes Together,’ said Robin Michel, CEO. “To us, that means bringing together delicious fresh food, made with only natural or organic ingredients sourced from local purveyors, then leveraging the latest technology to create a completely new restaurant experience that has something for everyone. Our vision for Richtree Natural Market Restaurants is to make it easier for consumers to find good food, that’s good for you, and good for the earth.”
The new Richtree Natural Market Restaurants offer fresh food that is made from natural or organic, fresh, and clean ingredients. If it’s not good, it’s not at Richtree; locally sourced ingredients make for meals that are good for people, good for the earth, and good for our community.
Where Good Comes Together
“Of all the good things the new Richtree Natural Market Restaurant has brought together, nothing makes us more proud than our incredible team of people,” said Shige Hatanaka, SVP, Operations. “They’re as excited about this new journey as we are and their enthusiasm is contagious. The most rewarding part of preparing for the opening of this new Richtree is working with so many people who truly care about doing something good. The technology and the food are nothing without the people who bring it all together.”
“The Richtree experience was created to incorporate the latest technology without sacrificing quality or customer service, establishing a contemporary environment that is inviting for both kids and adults,” said CIO, Joshua Sigel. Richtree Natural Market Restaurants prides itself in being a place where families can come together. The high-tech kids area features an interactive video wall and projections to engage Richtree’s youngest customers. When entering Richtree, Mrs. Green, a state-of-the-art hologram hostess, will greet guests. “With the hologram, we want to educate our guests on the Richtree experience and make a statement to all of our visitors that they are now entering an innovative, engaging, and technologically advanced space.”
These efforts are brought to life through the Richtree Market Pass Mobile; a response to the conventional payment card systems found at most establishments. A component of this unique ordering system, succinctly described as “Grouping”, provides a groundbreaking solution for group ordering. The Market Pass allows any number of phones to be associated with one Market Pass account, allowing one person to pay for a group of people without requiring everyone to order from the same eatery or at the same time. Those without mobile phones are supplied with a wooden market pass card that allows participation in Grouping.
To celebrate the grand opening of its new restaurant, Richtree teams will hit the streets of Toronto handing out “promotional eggs”. Eggs can we redeemed at Richtree Natural Market Restaurants’ Toronto Eaton Centre location for a chance to win daily prizes. For every egg returned to the restaurant, Richtree will donate $1 to Second Harvest.
What makes Richtree Natural Market Restaurant different?
- All natural
- Locally sourced whenever possible
- Antibiotic & Pesticide Free
- Only organic produce used in our meals and in our salad bar
- Only wild caught seafood
- Boiled bagels and fresh baked muffins every day
- Pastries are never frozen
- Restaurant quality food using exclusive recipes
- No artificial anything—EVER!
Richtree Natural Market Restaurant’s 11 eateries include:
- Coffee Station – choose from fair trade organic coffee and a selection of teas
- Custom Grille – Ontario natural beef and turkey burgers
- Salad Bar – organic mix and match salads
- Queen Street Deli – deli sandwiches, handmade Paninis, homemade soup
- Street Eats – Mexican: tacos, bowls and burritos
- Bosco Hearth Pizza – pizza, gluten-free crust available
- Happy Bowl – Asian-inspired bowls with rice or noodles, and a variety of veggies, protein and sauces
- Sweet Surrender – never frozen, all natural desserts, as well as gelato
- Foundation Bar – fully licensed with a selection of local, organic and/or biodynamic wine, beer and premium spirits, order your favourites from any food station
- Express pick-up – order online and pick up at a time that works for you!
- Market grocery – all natural products, uniquely available at Toronto Eaton Centre
Technology highlights include:
- More than 50 LCD screens in-store
- 23 foot video wall
- Virtual hostess, Mrs. Green, a hologram that welcomes customers to the Richtree experience
- Touch screen kiosks allow for multi-kitchen ordering, helps busy customers avoid line-ups
- High-tech kids area features an interactive video wall and projections to engage Richtree’s youngest customers
- Market Pass app for iOS and Android, for mobile payment and collecting rewards
To learn more, follow Richtree Natural Market Restaurant on Twitter @RichtreeMarket.